This is a fun one! I adapted it from the SCD Recipe page because I didn’t have pecan flour or yogurt cheese. The yogurt cheese helps to bind the cracker, but I increased the number of eggs and that worked fine. Next time I will add a little coconut oil. I imagine that some orange extract might be nice…maybe a little cocoa powder too. Or fresh ground ginger. This is a fun recipe you can really play with.
The best part? Colson is now a tiger scout and I have a way around the traditional s’mores that he will be eating on his campout in a few weeks! A little organic dark chocolate and homemade graham cracker melted together should be yummy. Yes, he will be marshmallowless, but I can’t even begin to foresee a recipe to avoid that mess. He has never had one and understands that the junk in marshmallows causes diabetes, heart disease and cancer, so I am not anticipating a challenge there.
3 cups almond flour
1/2 cup honey
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1. Blend honey, eggs, spices, &
baking soda. Add almond flour and mix well.
2. Take cookie size servings and smash them onto a cookie sheet to a ¼ inch thickness I use a Silicone cookie sheet liner. Leave a little room between crackers as they will puff a little bit and you will need room to maneuver flip them.
3. Bake in 325F oven for about 9 minutes.
4. Turn crackers over, and bake again for about 9 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Even better if you can stand to wait until the next day to let spices really penetrate.
6. If a really crisp cracker is desired, re-warm cooled crackers in a low oven (150F) or in a dehydrator set on maximum for about 2 hours, then store.